Expressions for Business Letters
- Salutation – Addressee known
- Dear Ms / Miss / Mrs / Mr / Dr …
- Salutation – Addressee unknown
- Dear Sir / Dear Sirs
- Dear Madam
- Dear Sir or Madam
- Ladies and Gentlemen
- To whom it may concern
- First Paragraph
- We have received your letter dated …
- Many thanks for … / Thank you (very much) for …
- This is to confirm …
- We hereby inform you …
- Final Paragraph
- If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- We look forward to your reply.
- We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
- Greeting – Addressee known
- Yours sincerely / Sincerely yours
- Greeting – Addressee unknown
- Yours faithfully / Faithfully yours
- Sincerely / Sincerely yours
Changed: 10th Dec 2010 19:33