English Grammar Online … the fun way to learn English!

Here you can discuss everything concerning www.ego4u.de. For questions on the English language, please use our language board: Babelboard.

Subject: Re: Hello Sara

Sara (87.6.227.*) wrote on 07.04.09 at 23:12

Hi Richard,
Thank you very much for your thought and your care about me and my country! I'm alright and I've not been affected by the earthquake in a direct way. Luckily none of my family or friends were there, my sister had to go in L'Aquila on Tuesday..just the day after. Last week she called to know if everything was ok to go there and the person that answered her said "If nothing happens until tuesday, then you can came". We think this answer says it all..it was something people expected..there had been little earth tremors in that area during the whole winter. I clearly remember that just about a month or two ago there had been another tremor we felt even here in Rome.
A friend of mine has a house near there, 50 km far; his parents went there for the week-end and came back on Sunday afternoon. He told me they decided to rebuild their house foundation some month ago because of the frequent tremors..his father is an engineer and he must have thought about the risk of a powerfull earthquake, or about the risk that little but very frequent earth tremors could damage the house. Now their house had no crack in the walls, while lots of their neighbours had some damage.
I have to go now, I'll tell you more about this next time. If you give me your e-mail address It would be easier to keep in touch!
Hope to hear you soon. Bye! Sara